What are you doing right now to improve your customer experience?
As e-commerce business owners, we sometimes become laser focused on creating more sales and forget that the customer journey is one of the most critical aspects to growth.
Often, we also spend too much attention on trying to maximize the number of orders flying out the door and less time on branding as a whole.
Episode 16 of The E-Commerce Performance Marketing Show features an interview with Brenda Mendez.
Brenda is the daughter of immigrants and proud to be living the American Dream as the former COO of Snow. During her time with the company, she helped drive the e-commerce site from humble beginnings to ultimately a nine-figure brand with products in retail stores such as Target and Neiman Marcus.
Now, she works as a branding consultant for multiple different e-commerce companies. She knows marketing and is here to give insight into what she’s seen work.
Brenda’s outlook on branding is more comprehensive than you might expect. When she comes into a business as a consultant, she doesn’t just help the business. She helps the entrepreneur develop and grow their skills—which is primarily what we are talking about today.
It takes hustle, discipline, and work to drive the business and hit goals. In this episode, we discuss with Brenda:
- How to address problems associated with growing your e-commerce business, such as forecasting inventory.
- The importance of having your systems together to communicate in a seamless way.
- Understanding how brand marketing ties in with getting your products into retail stores nationwide. (And the challenges associated with tackling this type of move!)
- Remembering the customer experience journey is important—starting from the first time they see Facebook ads to the website through ordering, delivery, packaging, and unboxing.
- Why you should diversify your distribution and online advertising channels.
- Why brand experience as a whole is sometimes more important than simply pushing sales.
Josh Marsden is the founder of CVO Acceleration and the author of Facebook Advertising Trends and Strategies for E-Commerce. Josh has been seen or heard in multiple media outlets, including Entrepreneurs on Fire, SuperFastBusiness, the Huffington Post, the Big Commerce Blog, and many others. Josh’s passion is helping businesses realize their full potential using Digital Marketing and Online Advertising. When he’s not helping clients, he enjoys riding his Harley Davidson motorcycle, spending time with his son Benjamin, and experiencing all that life has to offer.