Posted on June 17, 2020
We’re back with another exciting and value-packed episode of the E-Commerce Performance Marketing Show!
This episode is a good one in terms of technical approach to your e-commerce store. I’m going to talk to you about how important it is to have a website that’s optimized for page speed.
Believe it or not, page speed greatly affects your conversion rates which affects your sales. The slower your e-commerce store, the less people want to buy from you.
Let’s look at a quick statistic from our friends over at CloudFlare.
If your website takes more than 5.7 seconds to load, you’re probably seeing a 0.6% conversion rate or less. Ouch!
However, if you have a 2.4 second page load speed, you’re probably at around a 1.9% conversion rate.
Much better, right?
Remember that customers are impatient.
They don’t want to wait.
If you’re spending money on ads and your site takes forever to load, there’s a good chance that you’re not getting the best benefit from the paid advertising you’re using because you’re losing traffic left and right.
That’s why this episode of the E-Commerce Performance Marketing Show is so powerful.
By utilizing the strategies and tips I’m sharing with you, it is easy to decrease that page load time and help improve your overall sales rate. In turn, that means more money in your pocket.
Ready to dive in? Let’s go! In this episode of the E-Commerce Performance Marketing Show, we discuss:
- What Shopify store owners can use to help improve page load speed.
- Tools and services you can use to determine your current page speed on desktop and mobile.
- How you can delegate this whole page speed thing to a freelancer or company and not have to worry about the technical side of things yourself. (Hint: It isn’t as expensive as you would think!)
- My top tips for improving your page speed and reducing your product image size to help shrink the amount of data it takes for the page to load.
- Why you need to pay attention to both mobile and desktop view scores.
- A few top tech tips to help make your e-commerce store load faster.
Watch this episode of the E-Commerce Performance Marketing Show as our host, Josh Marsden, the author of Facebook Advertising Trends and Strategies for E-Commerce and as seen or heard on Entrepreneurs on Fire, SuperFastBusiness, and The Huffington Post discusses the importance of optimizing page speed to boost conversions.
Josh Marsden is the founder of CVO Acceleration and the author of Facebook Advertising Trends and Strategies for E-Commerce. Josh has been seen or heard in multiple media outlets, including Entrepreneurs on Fire, SuperFastBusiness, the Huffington Post, the Big Commerce Blog, and many others. Josh’s passion is helping businesses realize their full potential using Digital Marketing and Online Advertising. When he’s not helping clients, he enjoys riding his Harley Davidson motorcycle, spending time with his son Benjamin, and experiencing all that life has to offer.